Sodium Hypochlorite (6-12% Purity)
|Purity: 6-12%||Molecular Weight: 74.5|
|Density: 1.11 g/cm3||Appearance: Yellowish solution|
|Chemical Formula: NaClO||Ph (aqueous solution of 5%): 11-13|
|CAS No.: 7681-52-9||EINECS No.: 231-668-3|
|Grade Standard: Industrial Grade|
|Packaging||40kg||50kg||60kg||270/275 kg||1200 kg||Tanker Loads|
Description Of Sodium Hypochorite
At JAL AQUA INTERNATIONAL, high purity sodium hypochlorite is produced as a by-product during the calcium hypochlorite production cycle. Sodium hypochlorite is also known as "liquid chlorine" or “laundry bleach”. It is a chemical compound with the chemical formula NaClO. The following reaction is used for the production of sodium hypochlorite:
NaOH + Cl2 -> NaClO + NaCl + H2O
Sodium hydroxide + chlorine -> sodium hypochlorite + sodium chloride + water
Chemical Structure: Sodium Hypochlorite
Product Image: Sodium Hypochlorite
Sodium hypochlorite is among the widely consumed disinfect due to the following reasons:
- Wide antimicrobial spectrum: it is used to eliminate organic matter present in the water. Organic matter such as microorganism, algae etc.
- Instant action against bacteria: it acts as a killing agent for bacteria persisting in water.
- Reduced to chloride ions causing oxidation: upon mixing with water, sodium hypochlorite dissociates and produces free chlorine ions. Thus, chlorination of water takes place.
- It’s Reasonable persistence in treated portable water.
- It’s ease of use and solubility in water.
- Being a Cheap disinfectant as compared to most disinfectant.
- The solution is non-flammable when exposed to air.